When you enroll in a class with Steve you're learning from someone who has been teaching scuba
diving for more than 35 years! Steve has always had diving as his career! He enjoys every dive and every student, of
course, some more than others! Diving and teaching diving are what he does BEST! It is un-likely that any other Course
Director can offer you the wealth of knowledge, degree of caring and level of patience that Steve can. Here is a brief
- 2002 Moved to MAUI from Catalina Island and formed his company,
AQUA IMAGES INC., dba SCUBA LUV MAUI.
- 1994-2002 Owner of CATALINA SCUBA LUV, a PADI Five Star IDC Dive Center on Catalina Island, California.
- 1998 Recipient of the coveted "California Scuba Service Award"
- 1997 Voted to Board of Directors "Catalina Conservancy Divers"
- 1996 Started the "Catalina Island Mooring Project", a non profit public benefit organization.
- 1995 - 2002 Owner/Operator of a dive boat, The Prince Neptune.
- 1985 First to build a cage and offer shark diving in California!
- 1984-1992 Owner "SCUBA LUV'R", a 65' Charter Dive Boat
- 1976-1984 Owner "SCUBA LUV" in Thousands Oaks, California, a NAUI Dive Center.
- 1964-1976 Worked for several dive shops in the San Fernando Valley as an Instructor.
- 1969 Graduated "College of Oceaneering", a commercial diving institution.
- 1973 Graduated NAUI Instructor College
- 1968 Graduated Los Angeles County Instructor
- 1967 Open Water Certification
Steve is a member of the Screen Actor's Guild and has been active in the Industry for 30
years. He has worked as an Underwater Stuntman, Marine Consultant, Underwater Trainer for Stuntmen and Talent, Shark
Wrangler and has appeared on camera. His movie credits include Castaway, What Lies Beneath, Waterworld, The Mask,
Star Trek, Internal Affair, Navy Seals, Hook, Raising Cane, The Abyss, Leviathon and Jaws. For more info check out
his website at: www.aqua-images.com.
- DAN 02 Instructor Trainer
- U.S. Coast Guard 100 ton captains license
- PADI Rebreather Instructor
- Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
- PADI Blender Instructor
- Course Director
- PADI Specialty Instructor (17 In All)
- NAUI Instructor
- Los Angeles County Instructor
- References: Available upon request or through PADI International
Year Certified: 1989
Certifications: PADI IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR, BOAT CAPTAIN, LICENSED TOUR DIRECTOR
Favorite Critter to Photograph: Dolphins
Birthplace: Hollywood, California
Motto: "PURA VIDA " ( Meaning: "live life to it's fullest")
SPECIAL NOTE: Diana can certify in seven specialties : Scooter ( DPV), Deep, Wreck, Underwater Navigation, Underwater Photographer, Boat Diver and Blue Shark Awareness. Diana has been in the dive industry since 1990. She also owns an Activity Company and can assist guests with
island activities, restaurant suggestions and reservations and general knowledge about Maui and the Hawaiian Islands.
Year Certified: 1995
Certifications: PADI Instructor
Favorite Critter to Photograph: tako (octopus)
Birthplace: Vallejo, CA
Motto: “Live Aloha”
SPECIAL NOTE: "I fell in love with the ocean as a small child in California. Moved to Maui in 2006 to live out my dream of being a SCUBA dive instructor. 8+ years and 5,000+ dives later and it still thrills like my first dive did. My
mission is to introduce everyone to the majestic underwater world. Our oceans have so much to offer. With the right dive guide, anyone can experience this part of our world. I am always finding something new and love to share the experience with
my divers. Whether you've always wanted to try SCUBA and haven't had the chance or are a seasoned diver, I have a dive experience perfectly suited for you. I look forward to diving with you. Come join me!"
Year Certified: 2010
Certifications: PADI Instructor
Favorite Critter to Photograph: Frog Fish
Birthplace: Chicago, IL.
Motto: "It's all about the love...."
SPECIAL NOTE: "I grew up in Northern California Bay area. I have always loved the ocean from free diving around Fort Bragg area to surfing and wind surfing in Santa Cruz, California. I got certified in Monterey Bay and I was hooked
immediately! I moved to MAUI in 2013 and was immediately at home with the ocean and the scuba lifestyle that MAUI has to offer. My biggest reward is to share this awesome experience with those willing to be adventurous and explore the beauty
that MAUI gifts us ! I am grateful for this and I invite you to join me TODAY!"
Year Certified: 1993
Certifications: PADI Instructor, SDI Instructor, Captain
Favorite Critter to Photograph: Octopus ( " taco" in Hawaiian)
Birthplace: Northridge, California
Motto: “Let's get tanked!”
SPECIAL NOTE: Tim, or "Timmerz" as we call him, is the owner/operator of TINY BUBBLES SCUBA, our sister company, in Ka'anapali. Tim and his professional staff handle all our dives on the west side. This enables our divers to experience
diving on all sides of the island and still stay close to their hotel! You will "luv" his POSITIVE energy and amazing teaching skills! .
FOR DETAILED REVIEWS FROM OUR GUESTS ABOUT OUR STAFF, GO TO : Trip Advisor
AND CHECK OUT OUR “FIVE STAR RATING